what a good life



I must say, I have too cool of a family and they take all my email time, so sorry the report back isnt going to be as detailed as always, Its such a good life. Being a missionary is such an incredible calling. I highly recommend it. There is nothing more incredible then being good friends with your companion, bringing the best out of each other, to motivate each other to be obedient to then having the spirit work through us. We then get to speak with people on the street and through their klingel boxes boldly about the eternal love our Father in Heaven has for us. We get to bring people like Frau Hensel, who has sat alone in her house, with 6 kids who dont visit her anymore who now just has one leg, to come with us to church. She loved it. She felt so loved and said 'I think maybe I could make some friends here!' What a sweet woman. I must say there is nothing like seeing Frau Hensel smile. You see the child of God coming through her eyes, teaching her that she will see her man again, that she will have a perfect body one day. These are the blessings of a mission. 


We also had some hilarious lessons this week, one of them with Forster from Ghana. He said the closing prayer and told all the evil spirits to get out NOW of the room...I was laughing secretly so hard, he is such a stud...He also blessed everyone in the church, so hope you feel blessed because Forster prayed for you. He also has a handicapped leg, he was given a shot in the wrong spot when he was a little baby and now has no muscle in one leg, its so cool teaching these people that Heavenly Father has a plan for them! That the lord loves them and can help them. Ahhh, I wish I could convey to you the JOY I feel serving in this branch. These people really are family, I feel so loved, I plan on partying with these people for eternity, isnt this plan so celestially incredible? These relationships we are building on earth will last for forever! Its so great and comforting knowing that the Lord is guiding us, our every action and step if we are worthy and if we want it, so it really is simple. Angels are around us and the Lord just works through us. We are teaching a lot a lot of people and are very busy, Im feeling so blessed and the Lord is very close. I am grateful to have this chance to serve the Lord, like I said, I recommend it. Thanks for letting me just spill my thoughts, sorry there isnt too much specifically to report. We had Katrin come back to church and hasnt been there in months and it was her and Schwester Zimmer who were the big participants in FHV (relief society) so that was cool and then Yvonne, Schwester Zimmer's daughter (who was less active) bore her testimony powerfully of the atonement and talked about how she had helped someone else she knows realize that that is the point of life here on earth to keep overcoming the hard times and its possible because the Son of God went through it all. She also quit smoking! Did I tell you about that? We did the stop smoking workshop with her, 7 days of 15 steps, 2 of those being prayer and lots of grapefruit juice and she did it!



Yay. These are the miracles we are seeing here in Deutschland. Thanks for listening, Ill be back next week :) Have a great day and HAPPY MARCH!

Liebe gruße, Sister Rasmussen


No comments:

Post a Comment