I feel my Savior's love... in all the world around me

I think that that primary song is my new favorite. It is the truth I have felt the Savior so close and felt the Lord so strongly especially this past week. Sister Madsen and I have seen some huge miracles and I have put everything into this past week, come home and collapse..asleep in 2.5 minutes. Haha, or something close to that. Yes its been a very love filled emotional week because yep you guessed it we got our TRANSFER CALL on Saturday morning, 10am the whole mission calls into the conference call and president reads off who will be staying and going to every city. Sister Madsen is staying here and getting a GOLDEN! and I am going to be senior companion in LEIPZIG!! I am so excited, Ill be serving with Sister Anderson, havent met her, but heard she's great (from Texas so its gotta be good)! Yeah Im leaving my beloved Frankfurt Oder/Eisenhüttenstadt and yesterday's goodbye was . . . well honestly pretty painful. They were sweet enough to ask me to give a talk on my last Sunday (not too nice if you ask me haha) but I talked about the reality of the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ. It was comforting to talk about how the priesthood power is restored, the truth is restored for all of us to know exactly how we get back to our Heavenly Father and how if we all stay strong on the path helping each other we will all get back together again with our families and loved ones. It was full of love and tears, and I think the spirit was pretty strong too. It was so excited Bianka's whole family came, yes even her boyfriend (soon to be husband hopefully) in a white button up shirt with his son as well, Roman they're son passed the sacrament for the first time and that was really special to see. I sat between my beloved schwester Zimmer and Hany and we took a ward picture... sadly I dont have my camara so nexst week ill have to send a bunch. But I felt so loved, they all signed a card for me and all made plans for next summer when the family returns. It was really hard to say goodbye but the new golden will be well loved and well taken care of, good spot to fill.
We had an awesome eating appointment with the branch presidents family (right before he left to take his oldest daugther Della to EFY 8 hours away...yes they have to sacrifice a lot here) and they invited Caroline to come eat. She has come to church a couple times and a few weeks ago Daniela (the branch president's wife) gave her a Book of Mormon, and 2 weeks ago we taught her the first lesson and watched the Restoration dvd together, she has been praying to find trught (oh shes 22 years old and such a hilarious sweet girl) and we then yesterday taught her the plan of salvation, she had deep sincere questions and her eyes lit up when she said, that is what I believe, the spirit was so strong and we invited her to follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized by someone holding the right authority, and she said yes! My favorite line was she then said, 'wait, I guess this means I dont have to keep searching!' nope, shes found the truth and I felt so honored to be the one to first meet her! She gave me a sweet goodbye present and we set the date for September.....and yes we can get permission to come back to see baptisms!! So I may be able to come back here to see her be baptized!  what a dream, we all then said a prayer together and the spirit was so strong, the two members who were there with us were tearing up and she kept saying 'Ive never felt this energy, or spirit like this so intense before!' It was so exciting to tell her about the gift of the Holy Ghost and how if we stay worthy we can have that feeling with us always...its such a perfect incredible gospel, and I love representing Christ to help people feel his love so intensely.
We found some awesome people this week, a couple people with children and were curious to find out about God so we have some great first appointments lined up for the new golden.
I really love this place and these people, and dont think its really hit me yet that im leaving, I cant really imagine being a missionary anywhere else but here, its been such an incredible experience. I am excited and a little giddy to go to LEIPZIG and get to know a new city and new people. Its a bigger city, and really pretty, there are 2 wards there so that will be a change, from coming from a little branch....
Here's my new address:
Sister Kimberly Rasmussen
Kirche Jesu Christi
Blochmannstraße 15
04105 Leipzig
Deutschland
Yay! What an incredible experience, this gospel is true and it brings so much happiness, joy and satisfaction to follow the Savior and feel his love when we keep his commandments. I love you all dearly and hope you have a lovely week! Hope to hear from you soon!!!
Liebe gruße,
Sister Rasmussen

1 comment:

  1. hany michael28.7.11

    wir beten für dich dass du unser brüder dienen kannst

    ReplyDelete