Go, go, go, on an adventure, the ting-a-magigga is upa nd away!






Go, go, go, on an adventure, the thing-a-magigga is up and away!!- apparently thats what my little cousin Liam says? Thanks for the tip liam.

Life is good, sorry I didnt get last weeks mass email sent off but I guess you get two today! Lucky you. Life is great, big news....
IM GETTING A GOLDEN!
Who knew. Well, people said it was obvious but Im still a wee bit nervous, I mean I dont know what to expect! I sure hope she is excited and ready to work because we have a lot going on here! We had a stellar last week, Sister Anderson and I. Saw a lot of miracles...oh and I got bitten. or stung.. Either way 3 mornings ago I woke up with a bite on my ankle and it itched like crazy, but then in started swelling up and turned purple and red and i couldnt walk it was so swollen (pretty sounding I know) and we all decided it was a sign I would become a 'mission mother' I have a mom haircut and swollen ankles It must mean im going to train right? Yep. Its the truth. Oh dont worry about my foot, it was really painful a couple mornings but as I got moving it wore off, and then (as spoiled as we are here in leipzig) the bishop took us to this awesome doctor who is a member in Kütten. I got some creme and a wrap and some antibiotics, she said I really should just take a day and cool it, but since that doesnt work for me haha I should ask for a blessing. Which I did. It was so neat to get a blessing from Elder McCann and Elder Walter. They are both great missionaries and it was a pretty spiritual experience realizing we are just 4 20-22 year old people all trying to do our best to serve the Lord and helping each other. I was super grateful for the blessing and comfort that came with it.

We have some exciting newss about Bürcan, Michael and Maik! They are all loving the gospel! All reading in the Book of Mormon and all came to 3 hours of church yesterday, and then stayed for a baptism afterwards. They all said they wanted to be baptized as well....and I feel so honored to get to be the missionary who gets to teach them! Haha, so we teach Bürcan and Maik and the institute a couple nights a week and BOTH of them at least once this week just showed up hoping someone would be here....without an appointment or anything, you definitely can tell they feel the spirit here and feel welcome and wohl here. We taught Bürcan about tithing this past week with Irakli and it was a cool lesson, i love teaching it with candy....10 little pieces...and telling him this represents all that God has given us....and asked him for just 1 of the 10....and as he does that we slam down a HUGE bar of Milka chocolate saying it represents when we give the Lord a 10th of what he already has given us, he blesses us with SO MUCH MORE and so much better then we could ever imagine. It was a funny lesson but also very spiritual when we asked him 'will you keep the law of tithing?' he responds 'Ich will das.' 'I want to.' Same thing when we talk about the baptism all he says is I want that. I want to. Ich möchte das machen. Its so amazing seeing his faith and willingness to do the things the Lord asks. I hope I and we all can have that same kind of faith and willingness to keep the commandments....not just 'yeah okay, if I have to.'..but 'yeah, I want that, I want to.'

It is really amazing to see the change in both Michael and Maik as well, theyre both younger guys who didnt grow up with any religion or much knowledge of even the 10 commandments but both, especially Michael are so willing to change and fill their lives wih the good things the gospel brings. We taught Michael about keeping the Sabbath day holy and he was immediately willing to keep it, he said it would be a little harder when he goes home to visit his mother because they had the tradtion of always going to the bakery for breakfast on Sunday mornings, but other than that he would be able to do things that bring him closer to the savior. After the long day at the church (after 3 hours of church and the baptism and food at the end he was there from 9 to about 2pm) he said something like 'who knew Sundays could be so schön,' I mean that was his first sunday, a little long for a newbie....lol a little long for anybody and he enjoyed it a lot. he is excited to come to family home evening tonight with Nadine and to come next week to church, bah im just so excited for him!

So we are seeing miracles with these 3 and im hoping we can find some new people this next week....we need to do better and getting members at our lessons with them but we have a few lined up for this week and that should help them feel more integrated, we decided to move the baptisms to the 25th of September and by that time they will have been to church a few more times and have an even more solid foundation...its such a blessing to work with prepared people who show so much faith and are willing to keep all the commitments we give them to come closer to the Savior.

We have been cleaning and Sister Anderson is packing she is going to go open a sisters program in Kiel, up north...and im going to Berlin on Tuesday for a day and we are going to go finding with all the new goldens but I wont know which one is mine!! But then Wednesday we have golden conference and then Ill bring her back here! I wish I had taken my mothers advice and written down all the things Sister Singer did so well to train me, but I guess ill just love her and hope the Lord guides us.

I love this gospel so much and just the pure doctrine in knowing we have a FATHER: in HEAVEN! I Heavenly being who loves each of us so perfectly and just wants us to be happy and have joy...how incredible. and then to know we have a perfect Brother who gave his life for us so we can be clean! and with our families forever! We just talked about that last night with a cute little family in our ward, just remember the last time you were with people you loved and you were so at peace with life and and so happy, laughing and content and loving yourself and loving the people you were with.....that feeling, we can have for ETERNITY! What an incredible plan....why would you ever choose something to take you away from that feeling? I dont know either. its so fun and such a blessing to get to bring the spirit with these teachings to people here in Leipzig, but why keep this knowledge to yourself when you know someone who just needs to know they have an eternal identity, you should tell them, i dare you :)

Its great, and this place is amazing. Weather has been CRAZY. One night it really seemed like the ocean was falling from the sky in 4 minutes we were COMPLETELY DRENCHED..not just like wet but like 'jump in a swimming pool and then get out and jump in again' wet....and then the next day was so hot I thought I would never cool down again...luckily we know an awesome guy who works at a döner shom (BÜRCAN) who gave us free water...so then we survived....and now its refreshing end of summer almost fall weather and I love it. We are going to go to Vapianos today for lunch, then getting Sister Anderson her last Lukas vanilla donut (famous from Leipzig) and have FHA (family home evening) what a wonderful work.

Have a great week, dont hesitate to take 10 minutes and write a little notey note and put it in a little envelope and 'old school' like get a stamp and write
Sister Kimberly Rasmussen
Kirche Jesu Christi
Blochmannstraße 15
04105 Leipzig
Deutschland

on it and then put it in the little mailbox. Youll be blessed im sure :)

Happy Monday, talk to you soon!

Alles alles Gute!
Sister Rasmussen

No comments:

Post a Comment