do the right thing at the right time without delay


I LOVE GENERALCONFERENZ! Dont you?
I really couldnt get enough of the words of the prophet, the twelve. They are inspired men and woman and I couldnt write fast enough. I hope I can keep this love for conference my whole life. I loved Uchtdorfs talk about Heavenly Father's love for us. He knows our actions and will neither forget or forsake us. I liked how he said to have hope and faith and learn to love my Heavenly Father in act and word and deed. and to remain faithful and one day we will experience the promise, to wexperince the things which God has prepared for them that love him.
Its so great, doesnt seem like a hard task to love our Heavenly Father but in times of temptation that is when it matters most and when we really show our love. Its how we treat others and keep his word and his commandments. I think of it sometimes of when my parents told me things to do, yeah I could tell them the whole day long that I love them but when they arent watching to things against what they expect of me, or even go against what they have asked me to do, or even commanded me to do. Then it takes real love and honor for my parents when I do what they have asked me to do and follow what they say and not just tell them that I love them. Just like that with our Heavenly Father, we can pray and say we love him but they really are empty words when we dont act as we know we should. and thats the joy that comes in a mission... to first teach people that they have a perfect loving heavenly father who created everything...who have put the 'spark of eternal life in our breast, and worlds without end are in our grasp' like Uchtdorf said...we get to teach them about this perfect plan, show them how to connect with the celestial joy that comes through the savior and then as well teach them how to show their love to their Heavenly Father. Its so rewarding and I cant get enough.
We saw our family again and they are doing great, im so glad we fasted and prayed for a family, we have been praying for a couple weeks now for a family and we have made out two more appointments with two more families!! I sure hope we get contact with them, one was a guy named Felix who was holding his little daughter named 'Lila' and said we could come teach them the plan we believe God has for us. YAY! Its so incredible sharing this message with the world, but even more selfishly rewarding is the perspective that it gives me. It shows me what is really important in life, what matters and not, what decisions I make really have eternal consequences. Its a blessing I wasnt expecting. 
We have also seen miracles with Stephan, I told you he bore his testimony on his first Sunday? Well we have taught him a few times, and have had different members there with us to teach him, he came as well to conference all dressed up (suit and tie) and loved Packers and Uchtdorfs talks... He also came to  the priesthood session. He said he bought a new bible and is making really great progress! Christiana is also doing great, she came to the relief society meeting and one other session of Conference. We are going to celebrate her birthday here for family home evening because she doesnt really have a family and she needs some love! So she is also doing great, knows that she wants to be baptized to make a promise to Christ to follow him and to have faith. YAY! I love her.
Leipzig is getting a little cooler, not too cool though, there is a little 'harvest market' in the plaza in the city and a lot of people. . . lots of people talking to us! Im loving it here and love the bahns and all the work we have to do. Our ward is awesome and our bishop is so great, he is really excited for us and he and his wife are like our grandparents. Im so grateful for these people, and for my awesome companion, she is a hard worker and her German is getting better and better. We are seeing miracles and are feeling your prayers, Please pray that we can contact these families, oh and Olga came to the church too! yay! Love being a missionary! Yay my cousin David for putting in his papers!!! Its life changing...for hundreds of people. Oh and I liked how Packer bluntly said... Dress modestly, talk reverantly, Listen to uplifting music, Take order of your life and you will be remarkable blessed. Amen to that.


Have a super week! Talk to you soon!
Love, Sister Rasmussen

No comments:

Post a Comment