Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord?


Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel. I agree with Alma...I cannot say the smallest part which I feel about serving the Lord and being one of his missionaries.

Last week was an amazing week wasnt it? I hope it was a good one for you. I heard it snowed in your gegend? (youre area?) It's luckily still clear here. Actually, not too chilly but they did set up some christmas decorations outside hanging in between the buildings. It's so charming! Leipzig is beautiful. You all should come visit... not me, just the city. : ) And you know what's even better? The ward!! And even better, the gospel. It's so....true! And if you aren't sure of that truthfullness than, well, I recommend figuring that out at soon as possible. The blessings that come from living the gospel of our Savior are so precious, perfect, and so full of the love our perfect Heavenly Father. 

I know the church is true and miracles happen...one of them occurred at our Halloween party! Yes, it was a success. We decorated all day last p-day and the institute center looked awesome. We had 42 people show and 14 investigators! It was a really enjoyable enviornment and we had an awesome spiritual thought. Sister Färber and I at the beginning about when Christ walked on the water. We talked about how when the disciples first saw Christ they didnt recognize him and thought he was a ghost and were afraid. When we relate it to our lives and sometimes when Christ answers our prayers not how we expected we can first be afraid and not even realize its our loving Savior bringing us help. It was a great thought. Well, I thought so anyway. It helps me in my life when I get timid or hesitant the adversary gives us these feelings of incapability and fear. But in those moments I try and remember the Lord and his sacrifice and willingness to help me whenever I need him. I know he is there and I know his strong, loving arms are out ready to help all of us when we need support.

Yeah like I said, (I keep getting distracted from my point because talking about the gospel is so much more awesome),we had a miracle at the halloween party. Mascha came and was pretty happy when she was there and as the games started going, she asked Sister Färber and I if she could talk to us for a few minutes....She took us aside in the kitchen and said....'Ive been thinking and reading the past few days and I want to do it, I want to be baptized on December 4th!' BAHHHH! Isnt that amazing!?!? She said she is doing this with her whole heart and wants it for herself. She wants Irakli to baptize her and is excited! We are so blessed here. It's my first experience having someone come to me and tell me they want to be baptized (opposed to them saying yes to our invitation). So thats the plan, sadly she is leaving for the next 10 days for Ukraine, but we saw her right before she left at bahnhof and she had her Book of Mormon in her bag and was planning to read on the train! We prayed with her before she left and she is going to try and quit smoking and build her relationship with her Savior while she is up there. MIRACLE!

I was super blessed this past Thursday to go on tausch with my great friend Sister Stewart! She is fantastic and so original and hilarious. We had a great tausch in DRESDEN and had one of the most awesome lessons of my mission. The sisters there had made an appointment out with a guy whos number they had found on a contact sheet. His name was Michael Pfenning and he was so cool!! He had perfect English but was from Bayern. He is a musician and had the coolest apartment. The building is from like the 1600s but he has redone it and I just wanted to stay and look at all the artwork and pictures...but the best part was the conversation we had with him. In mixed German and English we talked about life and joy and peace, and then we went more specifically into how the relationships we have here on earth can last forever. He proceeded to tell us that his sweet wife had died of cancer less than a year before. It was so cool to teach him the first part of the plan and to see the spirit touch him. He gave us peppermint tea and pfannkuchen and said he liked the sound of families being together forever. He didn't have a big knowledge of Christian belief even though he apparently was raised Catholic .Either way it ws such an honor to get to be the missionary to tell him that the spirits that we have in us and the spirit his wife had in her have been with God before and can be with him again. It's a perfect glorious plan that we have the knowledge of...tell somebody about it! It brings so much JOY!


Yeah, then we had Zone conference on Friday and it was my favorite one so far! I loved president's theme on fishing with nets. He remotivated us to keep going with our cards and to get the name of the church out there. We have given out half a million cards in the past 6 months in the Germany Berlin mission woot! So we are continuing to fish with nets, just like the disciples did after Christ was resurrected. They had to call over other boats to help them bring in the catch it was so big...

I got to give a workshop on obedience. It went pretty well. It's such a crucial important concept of missionary work, and also of being a Christian, and actually of being a good person in general. It's so simple yet difficult sometimes. There are blessings and guidance we need to have the best life we can, with success and joy.  And there are laws, rules, specific ways to receive those blessings. Simple. Keep the law, get the blessing. And we are called of the Lord to keep those laws, it is expected of us. NO you dont HAVE to....(ahem but youre a fool if you don't) it just feels good to do good. To be good. To do your best and realize you can even do better with the Lord behind you. I kind of put some missionaries in their place and called myself as well to repentance, but we have no room to debate if we will be obediant because we gave ourselves to the Lord, all of us, and we represent him. But do you want to know a secret???......shh...so did YOU! As members of his church we said we would keep his laws and commandments and be his representatives. It's so fulfilling and full of JOY. Hope youre keeping all the rules... if not, well... just do it :)
I know this email is too long already but I wanted to also report we are seeing success with the excitment of the members of doing missionary work as well. I bore my testimony about chocolate cake. How I love it, but dont love it by myself. It seems almost depressing sitting down to eat chocolate cake alone, but when you share it it tastes so much better because more people get to taste of the deliciousness. JUST LIKE THE GOSPEL OF COURSE! We need to share it! I told the members we are helping Christiane WHOSE BAPTISM IS THIS SUNDAY! We are helping her realize the seriousness and responsibility of being a member of the church. and that our responsibility is to live and spread his gospel! Woot...its such an awesome work. Anyway, Schwester Schmidt then got up and said she needed help knowing how to share her chocolate cake. Then we met with the Ortlieb family and they are excited about our plan to help them pray and invite people to come unto Christ. Whether that is with big steps or small steps it doesn't matter, just helping people feel his love, and be aware of His existance and sacrifice and love! The gospel is so amazing! I hope you feel that love as much as I do...you can if you want! Just do it. Keep that law thats hard for you then youll be more fulfilled with joy. I promise.

Well, probably should let you get on with your day, but just know I appreciate you and your prayers. Thanks for your love.
Machts gut, Sister Rasmussen

No comments:

Post a Comment