DDR. British. HAPPY New Year!

HELLO and Greetings loved ones!!!
From Eisenhuttenstadt! (theres an umlaut on that u, but there arent any on this computer wierd enough)
Yep Im here and Im warm and safe! This area is so cool, we actually live in Franfurt Oder and serve there and Eisenhuttenstadt and another city called Furstenwalde. So we serve between these three different cities and have investigators and members in all three. We have a cool apartment its bigger than the one in Freiberg and Ill send pictures soon. A big study room, all wood floors, huge shower, bunk beds, sofa, big kitchen and a balcony! (theres a lot of snow on it now, but cool huh!) I love it here already. Its definitely a big change, learning where and who and what is which direction is crazy, but I do know how to get from our home to bahnhof and a couple of investigators already yay! I need to learn this place quickly and get to know these people...because Sister Roberts Jones is going home on Jan 17th...so I need to learn this quickly, but Sister Roberts Jones is such a great missionary and is working hard til the very end of her mission. She is so sweet. From London England, I love her accent and she has GREAT German. I really look up to her and the way she teaches. She has so much love for these people, and luckily that love is rubbing off on me quickly :) She has a teaching certificate and makes great hamburgers :)
We had an awesome New Years together. We were supposed to be inside by 6pm...so we heard fireworks going off from 5pm on....and we could see the sky light up. We played some snakes and ladders...which her family sent her :) We then made hamburgers which were DELICIOUS. We had pudding and then made face masks out of quark and honey. Haha, it worked and my face is babybottom smooth.. :) We had a great New Years eve and have some GREAT plans for the new year!!!
The ward...I mean BRANCH here is incredible.......there are 20-25 members! TINY! And I love it already, and church on Sunday was so cool. I gave my testimony and introduced myself and felt the spirit there so strong. That was the coolest part was to feel the same love and spirit I felt in Freiberg and how I felt at home in Sandy. The Lords love and spirit is the same wherever we are around the world and I am SO eternally grateful for the comfort I have felt. There is a 13 year old boy named ROMAN who got baptized last week!! His family arent members, hes the first in his family to get baptized but we are teaching his mom too! He came to church and his mom came as well and they both fasted, we are planning to commit her to baptism this week! We also had another really cool experience going to see a less active and she said her mom might come by so we would have to make it a quick visit, well the mother got there a lot earlier than she planned and we ended up having tea and talked together, her mom and daugher and brother were all there and we talked about the most random things, christmas and the story of the nativity, to where foods came from and where their ancesters are from haha, it was a very relaxed convo full of laugher and we proceeded to find out her mother (Frau Zumme) is an "excommunicated" Jahovahs Witness! She really doesnt like them now and we asked if we could come meet her and she was really excited about the idea, she said she had a copy of the Book of Mormon and said she would try to find it. . .ahh what a miracle, we are so excited to go teach her! Ahh, the miracles are already coming. Another cool way to start off the new year...we have 34 lessons planned! Yes I know I know that sounds like we are wishing for a pony, but we sat down and made 25 set appointments with these people...finalized some joint member lessons at church and have those other 9 planning to stop by.....wahooO! lots of work and we are going to be dead tired by the end of the week but we have a lot of faith and a lot of motivation with me being new and Sister RJ wanting to put in her best that the miracles are going to come....yay!
Welp I have to still write my letter to president and Sister RJ warmed up some soup so we'd better go, but I wish you all a great week, and good luck with the new semester and the NEW YEAR!!! I love you so and I am so grateful for your love and support!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment