Love you!!


December 27, 2010
Wow what a memorable week! Christmas in Germany is INCREDIBLE and if anyone has the chance to come to Germany for the holidays they should take it. 
The Freiberg ward took such great care of us. On the 24th, Heilige Abend we were with a German family and had a great time watching the kids open presents around 3pm and had Christmassy traditional food.. They were so loving and it felt a little like home ;) We then spent some of the evening with the temple missionaries who I have come to love so dearly, they shared Christmas stories, had some dessert, and we sang Christmas songs, I love those people so much. The spirit was strong there in the temple 'herberger' (where they live) it was neat to be with other missionaries devoting their time to the Lord and being each others family for the holidays. We then had a great Christmas at Becky and Manuels house, with little James and Nora...we played games and played with the kids and GOT TO TALK TO THE FAMILY! 
What a blessing! I didnt know I missed the family so much, which is probably a good sign but hearing everyones voice was so comforting and so much love came through the phone, I felt my family so close and got new strength and excitement to keep working hard and take advantage of the time I have here. Some other big news, I got TRANSFERED! Big news for me because that means Im leaving my first city!


Where I was born! I dont know anything else so its been odd to 'wean' myself off of this place, I LOVE this ward so immensely, the people here have changed my life forever. It was hard to say goodbye, Bischop Reichelt had me bear my testimony and I recieved some really sweet compliments from ward members, a lot of 'alles gute' and 'thank you for your work here' I will never forget these people and the miracles I saw here. I love the presence of the temple and knowing a city like the back of my hand...hope someday I can come back and remember where I am going :) But in looking forwards I got transfered to EISENHÜTTENSTADT! What a name eh? The new address is...
Sister Kimberly Rasmussen
Kirche Jesu Christi
Heilbornring 11
15234 Frankfurt-Oder
Germany
So dont hesitate to write a quick note to me :) I love mail, who doesnt? haha, so back to the mission......My new companion is Sister Roberts-Jones, from England? I will be telling you more about her next week but I do know I am 'killing' her, meaning she is going home this transfer so that should be an adventure. This city is 2 hours away from Berlin, but we go every week to District meeting in Berlin and apparently a lot of Pdays we go there too so Im excited for more people. I do know one lady in the ward in Eisenhüttenstadt, remember that live sealing I got to go to with Sister Singer?? Yeah that lady is from Eisenhüttenstadt! So im excited to know one person! It will be different but definitely a great time, so thank you for your prayers and get excited to hear how will will baptize all of EISENHÜTTENSTADT! (lets see how many times I can write that name :) Its almost new years and time to set new goals and recommit. Im recommitting to try and be even more exactly obedient, it would be cool for me to hear some of your new years resolutions, we can keep each other in check this next year . . . so feel free to send them along! Thanks to the fam for all the presents, Im luckly fitting it all in my suitcases......luckily :) and thank you to Nurper for your letter and scarf and pictures!

Sorry we had to pay for internet today so the email must be shorter, but I hope that updated you all a little bit on the life of me and thank you immensely for your love and support and prayers, they are being felt.
I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH! Have a fantastic week and know I know this gospel is true and its the greatest thing to teach people about our Lord and Savior and lead them to baptism.
A grand friend sent me this great quote... from CS lewis...
"It is a serious thing to live in a society of possible Gods and Goddesses, to remember that the dullest and most uninteresting person you talk to may one day be a creature which...you would be strongly tempted to worship...it is in light of these overwhelming possibilities, it is with the awe and circumspection proper to them, that we should conduct all our dealings with one another...There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal. Nations, cultures, arts, civilizations- these are mortal, and their life is to ours as the life of a gnat. But it is with immortals whom we joke with, work with, marry, snub, and exploit- immoral horrors or everlasting splendors." 
Remember everyone around us is a child of God....oh it makes me so happy to know I get to know all of you FOREVER! AH I love you so. Have a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! 
Sister Kimberly Rasmussen



No comments:

Post a Comment