Home. . .and Love


So the theme of home is in my head this morning, luckily im not trunky or homesick im redefining in my head what HOME means...many people say home is where your heart is, I guess I have many homes...because this place, Frankfurt Oder is feeling like home. At least when I am with these people I feel like im with family, it was such a cool experience having my family see these people who I love through the computer screen having my two worlds combine for a small moment, it was just full of love and joy and the spirit.
Its such an incredible work being able to give up a little to recieve so much. The opportunity to see my family's faces and see everything is the same back home, everyone is beaming and happy and full of love (especially for moms)  was such a tender mercy. Arent we so blessed to have these relationships here on earth? Our Heavenly Father loves us so much to put us into loving families, give us eternal friends and companions to help us live life to the fullest and to become better people and to try our very hardest together to follow Christ and return to have ewige leben (eternal life) together. Isnt that the point of all of this? To figure out our purpose here on earth, to realize there is a whole plan set out for us lined with blessings, joy and peace. We just have to simply follow what our older brother and example. I have a strong strong testimony that when we just give up our natural lazy, unforgiving, judgemental, pessimistic selves and give all we have BACK to the lord (since its all from him in the first place) and then we will be seeing miracle after miracle.
I was overwhemed with the feeling of love and belonging talking to my family and that is the same feeling people have when they find the gospel and see that the Lord has a perfectly organized church (with unperfect people) all trying to take care of each other and do our best to help each other understand this perfect plan the Lord has prepared for us (that we sometimes dont fully understand) So thanks family for making me feel so loved and mom for making me bawl while singing to me :) Im going to try and bring some more people in this lovely area of ours into the fold of our Heavenly Father with all the eternal blessings we want (as long as we want them and seek for them and do what we need to to deserve them) then they are ours! Yay! What a perfect plan and so much love, sounds like it was a great talk daddio about love and I loved the section defining love...
- Love is the healing balm that repairs rifts in personal and family relationships.
- Love is the bond that unites families, communities, and nations.
- Love is the power that initiates friendship, tolerance, civility, and respect.
- Love is the source that overcomes divisiveness and hate.
- Love is the fire that warms our lives with unparalleled joy and divine hope.
- LOVE SHOULD BE OUR WALK AND OUR TALK
Amen to that, hopefully we all can put more love into wherever we are or give love to whoever we are with...attempting to follow the promptings of the spirit to give Heavenly Father's love to his children, being the answer to people's prayers. Mmmmm, what a warm comforting feeling knowing the lord is so close taking care of us each step of the way! Good luck this week with your loving and Ill do my best over hear in Germany... its going to be a few weeks of miracles, we can feel it coming im with the lovely Sister Lydia Scruggs again and we are feeling so blessed to get to serve together for a second transfer, we are committed to work hard and want so purely to bring people to the knowledge of the love of our Heavenly Father and the truth that is on the earth.
We are stoked for our knew plan reviewing with Hany all the lessons meeting with him 2-3 times a week and to fast with Christian for a baptismal date, there are a lot of miracles coming our way, probably your way too... Ola helped me realize sometimes we just look for one big miracle and dont realize all the little miracles that occur in 2-3 week periods of time, the changes in people etc, so maybe we can all be a little better in noticing the miracles the Lord is already putting in our lives.
I also learned another cool lesson, well re-learned it, the concept of oxgen masks....you have to put yours on first to be able to help anyone else around you. You cant bring someone to the temple unless you are there first...there are many phrases like that, but its true! If we are expecting something from someone else, we need to also be doing those same things we are expecting, to be able to support them or if anything be the example of the joy and happiness of living the gospel and having a sure knowledge of the gospel.
Thanks for all the love and the joy and the peace I have felt being here serving the lord, it was great to wish my 'mission mom' Sister Singer a happy Mother's day as well, thanks for training me BIG!
I hope Mom had a grand mothers day, it was one of my favorites I've ever had :) We'll be working hard here in Frankfurt Oder, set high goals and going to work and pray to achieve them, good luck with yours. I love you all dearly...
Love, Sister Rasmussen
Saying goodbye to my lovely Sister Forsyth
 Sister Scruggs and I with Roses from our 80 yr old member Manfred and our bikes...we're real missionaries now.
Just the usual pondering by an elephant and a baby elephant in neuberesinchen Deutschland...no big deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment