Greetings Loved Ones!


So Im sitting in the MTC laundry room, hotter than ever, there's like 6 billion washers and driers down here. I love the MTC have you heard?! Its so fantastic. I love the busy schedule and the up at 6AM. Sister Hamblin are super close already and are loving eachothers company, good thing we have to be together...always. Okay except for waiting outside the bathroom and when we're in the residence hall. Just to announce to all who havent heard. There were 31 of us that came in 2 weeks ago Wednesday to the German Mission....all the sisters who came in with me are all going to Berlin. 10 of us! They are all incredible, I swear they send all the coolest sisters to Berlin, I was lucky enough to be thrown in. Our district, 8 elders and me and sister hamblin are all going to Berlin as well! Woot! They all feel like my little brothers....so funny, no one is better than Topher, but its great to feel he's 19 year old presence around here....a lot of it! There are so many elders, but as we went to the 5:45 pilates class this morning, with just sisters, I realized there are a lot of us. And everyone is so great! of course there are many sweet spirits....as well. ANYWAY. there's so much to say..... HOW WAS EVERYONES 4th of JULY!? Ours was cool over here in the MTC, we had an awesome presentation of the standard of truth and Joseph Smith, and then our MTC president Smith said all of us missionaries could stay up til 11 to watch the stadium of fire fireworks from the south side of campus! It was so cool being with allllllll the missionaries outside and we sang the national anthem together, pretty powerful.
I love all the firesides and devotionals, i honestly would live here, okay maybe not, but to learn about the gospel and deutsch all day and then be completely spiritually edified every fireside is so amazing! We had Elder Allen come awhile back and tell us about the new mormon.org.....iTS EPIC! We have to tell everyone about it, tons of videos, and you can chat online to missionaries if you ahve questions...anyway that was exciting. The last fireside we had was Elder Dellenbach and his wife. Im still high off of it! He spoke so powerfully on the miracle the Book of Mormon is. I mean 70 days....531 pages, only one time said and perfectly grammatically sprirtually historically perfect...it takes a seasoned translator someone fluent in the language 4-5 years to translate the book of mormon today! It is completely 100% the word of God and I cant wait wait to share Das Buch Mormon mit Deutschland! Plus it was awesome he was the mission president over there at some point. Ps....all the coolest people have served there or have a relation to Germany...obviously President Uchtdorf and did you know Elder Bednar served there? Cool! And Brother Lehnhart in our Branch Presidency is AMAZING! I cannot wait to meet more Germans like him. Cool story about Germany: When Monson went to Deutschland to see if he could convince the Prime Miniister to let missionaries in to procelyte? anyway, he brought a sculpture of a Grandpa bending down with arms outstretched to a little girl running into his arms. When the Prime Minister held this he left for his office for 40 minutes, afterwards coming out with tear filled eyes saying "what do you want, whatever it is you can have it." Apparently his little granddaughter had just died....SO sad story, but so great, the start of Berlin mission started there! Oh and they took the b est missionaries from the surrounding areas to fill that mission, hopefully that means they still are doing that! I seriously think all the coolest people are in the German Zone, our Branch President Curtis and his wife are awesome, they are so loving and they've been her 3 years and 7 months, they've sent 1300 missionaries out! COOL HUH! Guess what, there are 180 missionaries in the German missioN! Woah!
So Sunday after the devotional we get to watch films...church stuff, and we watched Legacy...haha I hadnt seen that since I was like 9 years old....so great. THe best line is " Promise to make me laugh?" awww it was such a chick flick! 5 kisses!!! I didnt know we were allowed to watch that, all of us were hollering and cheering at the kisses haha. so funny, but that movies, seriosly was another testimony of Joseph Smith and his amazing life and dedication to the Church. I just finished Our search for happiness LOVED IT and i'm halfway through Our Heritage....READ IT! All of you...especially my fam, you will LOVE IT. I cant believe everything the pioneers had to go through to start building the kingdom on the earth.
One of my favorite things here is.....before every devotional or really every meeting with all the missionaries we sing like 5 opening songs, and the cutest old ladies are conducting, they are so into it, and we sing like 30 hymns a day I swear! I love it, the spirit is so strong always, I dont think i've ever been this sensitive to the spirit. For example, last week we were planning as a district and there was a bit of contention and the spirit left and we still to this day mention how we dont ever want that to happen again, i mean WHAT? Planning?! that was what happened to lose the spirit?! Its honestly constantly around us and I feel so so blessed to be hear and to have Christ's name on my namenshield.
I wrote down a scripture I wanted to share with you Mosiah 4:11...please read. Its fantastic, to be honest I told myself to write that to you yesterday aand I dont remember exactly what it says, but it must have been good. I want you to all know how much I know Das Evangelium Jesu Christi...the Gospel of Jesus Christ, is true. I KNOW it with my whole being, and that is why i'm here. I know that our Heavenly Father loves us and all he wants is for us to pray to him, and to return to him with our families to live forever. What better thing is there!??! A cool thought I learned this weeek was.....
There's this void within us. We could have the nicest cars, many full bank accounts, all the toys, boats, phones, technology, big house EVERYTHING.....and we'd still have a void within us. The reason it's there is because we are from heaven. We need to have spiritual edification or that void wont be filled....and the reason we get so much joy from being with our families is because they are the only piece of heaven we have here on earth! Our families are given to us from our Heavenly Father and being with them (hopefully) helps fill that void. So even if the sunday school teacher is a little dull, or something, that is the reason we go to church, we choose the right, read the scriptures and have spiritual edification, so we can fill that void. Yay. cool huh.
Welp I have 4 minutes left, so I just want you all to know how much I love my Savior (Erretor) and Redeemer (Erloser-with an umlaut) haha I'm definitely being blessed with my Deutsch.... its coming along well. OH and I cant respond to emails, my thing is messed up, so please DEARELDER.COM....and mom, I definitely love hearing from you almost daily adn I dont rely on it but i sincerely would love you to keep sending how you are.....its such a strength to me, you too Daddio. I love this place, I love you all, family and friends, thank you so much for your support. oh and It feels like i got dropped off yesterday! its FLOWN by! wow. PS I got your letters today family from the 4th, so thank you. I would love for someone to send me people's addresses (to their house, not email) thtough dearelder, i dont have anyones, maybe the one's people emailed me on facebook? That would be greatly appreciated so I could actually respond to people. HAILEY RAE SCHROEDER MY BESTIE IS ENGAGED!!!!!!!! ooops. Maybe she wanted to tell you that :) welp gtg Have an amazing week! HOpe to hear from you sooN!
oh and I havent had a dessert this week yay, no weight gained yet ;)
-Sister Rasmussen

No comments:

Post a Comment